Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 7 with a Congrats!

So, I just want to give a big CONGRATS to Sophie! She has one a free copy of Legendary by L.H. Nicole! I really hope you love it as much as I did!!  I'll be in touch!

Now, I realize it's been a week since I've posted anything, 9 days whatever same difference, but give me a break.  Working twelve hour night shift, 5 out of 6 days will wear anyone down! Ok, but enough complaining on my part.  Here we go with Day 7....
My guilty pleasure book..DUN DUN DUN!!!

Ok, most of you may or may not know that I love to read YA literature.  I could care less if it's supernatural, medieval, contemporary, as long as it's YA I'm usually all about it.  At 28 years young I still consider myself YA! Don't you?? 

However, all of that being said...I do enjoy "grown-up" books at times, and yes sometimes even the "grown-up" scenes that come along with it.  Now, I know what you're thinking...you think I'm gonna say 50 shades of grey right? WRONG! I can't stand that book...the writing is awful, the plot was mediocre at best..Anyways, lets not get into the why's I couldn't stand that book and get into the real guilty pleasure book.  I absolutely LOVE 

Ok, before we go all huming and hollering about JLA being a Young Adult novelist, lets just say this one is quite..eh hem, steamy! And, furthermore New Adult is so a thing now! HAHA.  What can I say, I can't go older than new adult, otherwise it's too raunchy for me, or it's really boring.  I haven't quite figured out which side of the spectrum I'm on.

Now, with the Lux series, or in this case, a sister novel that is a stand along book aside from the lux series, you are dealing with an alien race.  And the Arums are "dark" bad boys of the two races.  And let me just tell you Hunter...oh boy...I don't know if I could choose between him and Daemon Black! I'd be doing a lot of back and forth that's for sure.  

I didn't write a review on this one.  Mainly because I haven't written reviews on most books I've read.  I just started blogging and reviewing recently.  It has been a long while since I have read this one, but I will say, Hunter is arrogant, but oh so swoon worthy and Serena, well she gives him a run for his money.  Next time I read this I will definitely have to write a review on it so I can throw in some steamy quotes and my reactions to them!  So yea, this is my guilty pleasure book, 

What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment