Monday, September 15, 2014

Opposition

BOOK INFORMATION (Goodreads)

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.


Genres: Science Fiction, Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance
Formats: paperback, kindle, ebook
Number of pages: 534 pages
Publisher: Entangled Teen 
Expected Publishing Date: August 5, 2014
Language: English
ISBN: 1622662644 
                                                         My Rating:
An AMAZING end to this AMAZING series.  So the closer I get to the end of a series, the more antsy, yet saddened I become! It's such a conflict of interest! I'm ready for the closure, but I want the stories to go on! Such a selfish person I am! What do I want the most?!?!?!
I started the Lux series maybe a year and a half ago?! Armentrout had just put out the third book in the series, so really, I didn't have to wait THAT long in the scheme of things. 

Ok, so if you don't know much about the Lux series, here's a recap.  Katy moves to West Virginia, meets a swoon worthy Daemon, who let's face it, is a big JERKOID! They slowly get used to each other and start to fall, though neither wants to admit it.  And all of the stuff that happens to them in between is just irrelevant right?? HA. It's uber important, but I can't give it all away!

Opposition is dealing with the invasion of the Luxen aliens who are an arrogant species.  They begin to assimilate (kill the humans and take their bodies), and essential, take over the world! Little do they know about the Arum that reside in the under surface of the Earth.  They are the dark to their light! Katy and Daemon must travel to the enemy's lair to rally the forces to stop the invasion.

On to the review:

So the very first page had this quote and I just about died laughing:
"Back in the day, I had this play for the off chance that I was around for the whole end-of-the-world thing.  It involved climbing up on my roof and blasting R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" as loud as humanly possible.."
I mean tell me that's not hilarious in the context of an alien invasion! Armentrout's writing is genius, let me tell you. She has a way about her that makes you feel like she's right there telling you her story.  It's not blocky and hard to follow.  And well Daemon, he's just..
Ok, so what worked with this book.  I don't think I can come up with just one thing that worked well with this book.  I LOVED that she incorporated Hunter and Serena from her spin-off, stand alone book Obsession.  And the part that Luc and Archer played in the Apocalypse.  The way the government handled things after Nancy Slusher was out of the picture.  I mean, it just sort of all went well together! And oh my, the head of the Arum, that bit was HILARIOUS! But...I don't wanna quote that, it would give too much away and I REALLY thing you should read the novels!

Favorite character?  How to pick just one?! I love Daemon, like most girls whom have read this series.  His arrogant, cocky facade, yet sweet, caring and tenderness towards Katy.  Yet, he's also got this bit of "that is mine" attitude going on about Katy and that, I can't help is super hot.   But Archer, man..Archer is just cool.  He's go the badassery, with a soft spot..and the mind thing, well that's just cool.  

"Dammit.  All I want to do is shower and take a nap and eat some bacon!"  -Archer

Me too Archer, me too! Another character I really like was Lotho, the Arum! He's psycho, but in an interesting way.  I was just drawn to him and his..well antics towards the end of the book.  You'll have to see why..can't really use a quote without giving stuff away, so read it!

I haven't really read an alien series before, but Armentrout really outdid herself here.  I LOVE this series and I'm so sad to see it come to an end.  Perhaps we'll see a spin off series in the future ^^?! Guess we shall see.  Until then!


~*~This is for the #fallfortheindiebook2014 challenge on goodreads: Here~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment