Friday, October 10, 2014

Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter

BOOK INFORMATION (Goodreads)

If there is one thing eighteen-year-old Aurora Sky wants, it's to get off the iceberg she calls home. Being kissed before she graduates wouldn't hurt either.

Then a near-fatal car wreck changes everything. Government agents step in and save Aurora's life in exchange for her services as a vampire hunter. In Alaska. Basically she's a glorified chew toy. All thanks to her rare blood type, which sends a vampire into temporary paralysis right before she has to finish the job... by hand.

Now Aurora's only friends are groupies of the undead and the only boy she can think about may very well be a vampire.

(Mature YA, new adult series that becomes progressively more mature. Underage drinking, sexual situations, mild language and blood sucking.)


Genres: Paranormal, vampires, fantasy, young adult, romance, urban fantasy
Formats: kindle, ebook
Number of pages: 242 pages
Publisher:  Createspace
Publishing Date: January 1, 2012
Language: English
ISBN: 148115320X

My Rating:
Here's book two of this 5 book paranormal fantasy whatchajigger that I downloaded from amazon for .99c.  And really, nothing about this book really stood out at me, you know what I mean.  Ok, I guess some of you would really press that issue and I'll get to that after my synopsis....

So we meet Aurora Sky, just your average, every day no body who was gonna leave the nasty cold and bitterness of Alaska and be somebody...that is...until she died..well..almost.  You see, that's the weird part.  She is "put back together" by some branch of the government who has recruited her because of her blood, to be a vampire hunter.  You heard me right, we have ourselves a Buffy...sort of.  

One thing I really liked about this book and the way it worked, was that these government officials recruited their hunters based on their blood type and the fact that they "died."  The government infects them with "various diseases" that turn people to vampires.  The only way they stay "normal" if you will, is with an antidote or some serum that keeps them from turning into a vamp.  So, that right there is where I figure you'd argue with me about not really standing out...I've never heard of another author doing this where the hunters blood is paralyzing to a vampire...
I digress, that was pretty cool the way she did that...Anywho...So we meet Fane, he's all mysterious and dark, yet always has his tongue down Valerie's throat...gross on that.  During scenes with these two you could just picture yourself back in high school and there is ALWAYS that one couple that just can't keep their hands off each other...And while I was jealous most times...*haha* I still didn't want to see it! 

Oook, got off topic a bit, so Fane and Aurora end up falling for each other and Aurora ends up finding a secret that she doesn't like, yet she can't stay away from him...Really..that's all there is too it.  I can't give too much more away due to well spoilers and such.  

I found myself really wanting this book to end.  I couldn't hardly get in to it.  The saving grace and the reason it got three stars was the originality of the agents and how the vampire hunters "killed." Otherwise, wasn't really that impressed.  I really wasn't invested in the characters at all.  Aurora was a whiny, yes, I realize she "died," but be thankful for heavens sake! Fane just wasn't anything special...in my opinion.  

Quotes, I usually have quotes for you! But alas, I only have one that tickled my fancy and made me laugh just a tad, other than that..again..nothing really stood out to me.. so I leave you with:

"I could take you home right now?"
"Thanks, but the bus feels safer."
"Want a smoke?"
I looked at the cigarette in Fane's outstretched hand and laughed.
"No! God, what are you?  The dark prince of temptation"

She never saw it coming.....
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment