Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 2-Book Challenge

So, it took me a lot of thinking to figure out whom I would pick as my FAVORITE side character.  I mean come on.  There are so many lovely side kicks that it's almost impossible to pick JUST ONE!  However, that being said.  There is one side character that I did love and he comes from the wonderful Vampire Academy Series and the Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead.....Eddie Castile.


















So, if you haven't read either of these series you MUST! Eddie Castile is more of a main character in the bloodlines, so for this post we will focus on Vampire Academy.  So, Vampire academy follows Rose Hathaway through her time at St. Vlad's Academy.  Her meeting Dimitri, saving Dimitri ,him saving her.  Well there is a lot more meat there than I'm going to go into, especially because it has been forever since I've read this series! (That reminds me...I need to do a re-read and soon!)

So Eddie Castile, like his buddy Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir.  He is sworn to protect the moroi with his life no matter what.  Eddie is funny, protective, loyal and just an all around amazing character.  He is the character that you would want by your side through the toughest of times.  He is able to talk sense during times of frustration and times of need.  So, I don't know who is being cast to play Eddie in the movies..if any more movies become about.  While I LOVED Vampire Academy and thought they did really well with the movie...my voice doesn't count!  So, there have been a lot of people whom have done this whole #teameddie, who do you want to play him.  And while I don't think Josh Hutcherson would play a good Eddie due to him always being Peeta in my mind I did picture Eddie to look something like this:
I got that picture from deviantart.com...just did a google search for Eddie Castile and BAM this is what I pictured in my mind.  He's got the whole bad boy thing going for him, but it's so a facade! Here are some quotes of Eddies,
"Well, they can annoy you all you want, but they can't make you join something you don't want too"
Eddie appeared in the doorway, silver-stake in his hand.  Eddie charged right and simply went for...
"I want her to be happy.  It's worth sacrificing myself" 

Now, the last two quotes were in Bloodlines.  As I said, he's more of a main character in that series and a side kick in Vampire Academy.  I just love him!

Do any special side kicks come to mind when you think of your favorite side characters?  Who sticks out to you?  Post a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment