Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 5-Book Challenge

Yay! I didn't miss a day today! HA! That's what happens when I have the day off! So today's question:

What's your "comfort" book?

A comfort book seems to be the book that you compare everything too.  A book that no matter what you do, it's always there.  Yes, that sounds a bit corny, but we are talking comfort here.  This question is quite easy for me.  I'm always comparing books to my first series love.  This would just happen to be the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead.

I started reading this series about 5 years ago and just could not put it down.  I loved the storyline between the Moroi, Strigoi and Dhampirs.  Vampire mythology has always been something I adored and Richelle's take on this life was absolutely amazing!  The series is complete, which makes it even better as a "comfort" book; or series I guess I should say! So I guess you should hear a little about the series...

Vampire Academy follows the story of Rose Hathaway, a dhampir in Vampire Academy.  She's sworn to protect her friend, Lissa, the last of the Dragomir line.  Rose's witty, badassery attitude makes for the perfect protagonist in this series.  On her adventure with Lissa, she is brought back to St. Vlad's by another steamy dhampir, Dimitri.  Oh, and let me tell you..he's a total babe.  I don't want to give too much away, though I am sure most people have read this series, along with it's sister series, Bloodlines.  

Richelle is an amazing writer and has an amazing world built up in that head of hers.  Vampire Academy would definitely be a world that I would love to inhabit, but alas, it's just a movie in my head.  But thank you Richelle Mead for this amazing comfort and standards series!


2 comments:

  1. Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of this book! I'm gonna have to go look it up! What is it about the book that you love so much??

      Delete