Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 4-Book Challenge

And, I fail again!!!...I tell you this working night shift and having two kids makes for having a blog very difficult!  However, two more weeks I'll be on a "normal" people schedule and perhaps it won't be as difficult to post every day! Anyways, to the important question to answer:










 Book turned into a movie and completely desecrated

I really had to think hard on this one. I know what I've heard about the City of Bones movie, but I can't really talk about it as I didn't read that series or watch the movie..if that says anything.   I can think of a movie that I LOVED whereas I didn't really care that much for the book.. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion.  I couldn't hardly stand the book, but I really thought the movie was funny! However, that's not my question, so..I digress....

The only one that I can come up with at this point in time is Beautiful Creatures.  I guess the thing about that movie was I was upset that they made two of the characters the same person in the movie.  That was frustrating.  As the series goes on, those characters have more of a role in the books, so how they are going to pull that off is just beyond me.  All in all the acting was mediocre at best.  I expected a little more, but I may have expected too much.  I don't expect they will be coming out with movie two any time soon.  

I wish I really had more to say on this topic.  I'm not really too passionate about books that are turned into movies. I tend to find good in both or have the glass is half full mentality! What about you?  Are you passionate about movies desecrating your favorite books?? Which ones and why???


No comments:

Post a Comment